Trout Creek Ranch Quarter Horses is located 36 miles east of Yellowstone National Park in the beautiful Wapiti Valley 15 miles west of Cody, Wyoming. The land consists of both high country pastures and lower pastures with Trout Creek running through most of the property. The Southern portion of the ranch is adjacent to the North Fork of the Shoshone River and the Northern boundary is the Shoshone National Forest.
The earliest recorded history for Trout Creek Ranch dates to the 1890s when a family moved from Wisconsin to homestead the property. The ranch has had many owners and purposes over the years. At one time the ranch ranged west through most of the Wapiti Valley to Yellowstone National Park, bordering the Shoshone National Forest on the north. The property has been a hunting camp, raised agricultural crops, sheep, registered Herefords, dairy cows and horses over the years. These historic pictures are from the 1920's and 1930's.
Ranch Support Staff
Trout Creek Ranch owns two beautiful donkeys, Pickles and Cricket, to help protect the horses from other animals such as coyotes. The donkeys become friends with the horses and then they will chase away potential threats from the horses to protect them. There is also a ranch cat, Sprinkles, who prowls around the barn and exterminates some pests.